JPMF is a volunteer based non-profit organization and your gift of time will have a lasting impact and strengthen the special needs community!
Volunteers help further JPMF’s mission to improve the lives of children with special needs and their families by:
- being a swim buddy
- volunteering for one of our special events
- helping with administrative projects
- organizing a splash-a-thon
JPMF SPLASH! Swim Buddy
Volunteer swim buddies are the heart of JPMF SPLASH! A SPLASH instructor leads the water safety program for participants with a broad range of disabilities. Each participant is paired with a swim buddy while in the water. Swim buddies help the participants follow the directions of the instructor by keeping them on task and ensuring their individual abilities and needs are met.
Swim Buddy Requirements:
- Must be 13 years of age or older.
- Watch a 20 min JPMF SPLASH! Orientation Video and answer follow-up questions.
- Be prepared to get in the water with the program participants.
- Be positive and ready to have fun!
Lifeguard certification will be reimbursed by JPMF for those swim buddies that volunteer for 6 Saturdays. Future lifeguards with swim buddy experience are able to understand and help people of all abilities at the pool.
Great reasons to be a JPMF Swim Buddy:
- Fulfill graduation and service learning requirements
- Be reimbursed for lifeguard certification by JPMF by volunteering for 6 Saturdays
- Develop an appreciation for the amazing qualities and abilities that people of all abilities share
- Gain leadership skills, self confidence and valuable life experience
- Make a difference in the lives of others by teaching lifesaving water safety rules and introducing a new leisure skill to people with disabilities
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help Special Kids Special Families by volunteering for SPLASH-A-THONs, Casino Night, Golf Challenge, and Family Fun Days.